Happy New Year! Here we are, starting another year! Who is ready for 2017?! I am, but I also can't believe it's already here. But, it is and I'm ready to tackle this year ahead. This week, instead of focusing on one workout, I want to focus on setting some goals for working out this year. I am not one for big new years resolutions, but I love planning and achieving goals. I don't always sit down and do this at the beginning of each year. However, this year, I want to and I want to join me! I have found some major components to goal setting that have helped me so I am going to go over them and we can set some goals together.
1. Write your goals down! It's easy to just say a goal aloud or even just in your head. I have done it several times, but then I easily forget my goal. Or I easily set it aside. So, always write them down.
2. Put them up somewhere you see! So, once you write it, do something with it! I hang my goals up in my closet. I like that it is my space so not everyone that comes in my home sees them, but I do. I see them every day. It reminds me what I am working for. I need that subtle reminder looking at me. I read them over and over and it helps me.
3. Include someone else! If you are the only one who knows about your goals, it is easier to not achieve them. No one would know if you didn't. I like having some accountability. It can be anyone too. It can be someone who has the same or similar goals, that way you can hold them accountable too. Or it can be someone you enjoy sharing your goals with. They don't have to have the same ones. Either way, whoever you chooses to share it with, make sure they will be a great accountability partner for you.
4. Be realistic! I have set some unrealistic goals in the past. You know what that does for you? It makes you feel defeated. It can be a little disheartening to set a goal and not achieve it. I know I have done it before. So, make sure when you set your goal it is something you can realistically achieve.
5. Work hard! Once you set all of these other things in motion to set your goal. Achieve it. Don't give up. Let's make 2018 amazing!
Sit down right now and set your goals. Mindfully plan out what you want to achieve this up coming year. Use the few guidelines to help and please share any that you have with me by tagging @hbgcommunity and using the hashtags #hbggirls and #hbgblog. Looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are looking or an extra challenge this week, let's start with something that we can all do this week. If your December was anything like mine. It was filled with Christmas activities, family, fun and so much delicious food. It interrupted many of my normal routines and I allowed because I know that it is important. With all that said, this week, challenge yourself by getting back into your workout routine and then lets add a few sit ups!
Monday: 20 sit ups
Tuesday: 30 sit ups
Wednesday: 40 sit ups
Thursday: 50 sit ups
Friday: 60 sit ups