This salmon is super quick and easy for those crazy nights when you have little time to make a healthy dinner. I've had plenty of nights when I get home, feeling exhausted and not in the mood to cook a meal. However, I always have to have a quick pep talk with myself to help me remember that cooking is the best choice. I've definitely skipped that talk before and ended up leaving my house to go grab something to eat. Then, I regret it!! Have you been there? The worst part is that I know it didn't even actually save any time. Anyways, this is a meal I can always talk myself into making because it's so quick and easy.
1 lb. salmon
3 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
Lemon slices for garnishing
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 TBSP melted butter
3/4 TSP salt
1/4 TSP black pepper
1/2 TSP oregano
1/2 TSP red pepper flakes
Freshly chopped parsley for garnishing
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Make sure your foil in large enough to fold over and completely cover your salmon.
3. Place your salmon on your baking sheet.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the lemon, garlic and butter. Pour the mixture over your salmon evenly.
5. Season your salmon with all of the spices. You can always add more or less of each spice depending on how you like it to taste.
6. Cover the salmon with the foil and fold together the edges.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check your salmon as the thickness of each piece varies so the cooking time may vary as well.
8. Open the foil and broil your fish for 2 minutes. Watch closely so you don't burn it!
9. Garnish with parsley and serve!
I always eat this salmon with rice because it is the perfect side for me. I typically make cilantro lime rice because, well, it's my favorite and it compliments the salmon really well. Enjoy!